MIND BODY YOGA THERAPY
Appointments can be repeated several times until the patient or student feels the confidence to move on to their own practice. Many students/ patients do choose to have individual private classes with the instructor.
If you are not a current patient at Integrated Behavioral Services, a 75 min functional evaluation by Dr. Geraldine Wu will be performed and this includes hands on physical examination, interviewing on medical, psychiatric and psychosocial history. Standardized validated questionnaires are used at the beginning and at the end of the series to track and follow your progress
- 75 MINUTES Evaluation for New Clients
- ESTABLISHED PATIENTS Can start with a 45 min session
- FOLLOW UP VISITS, 45 MINUTES
Please call the office at 513-272-0066 for more information
Manage Your Stress in 8 weeks
Integrated Behavioral Services and Mind Body Medicine Center is pleased to offer a Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction program facilitated by Geraldine Wu MD
DAY: Wednesday’s 10.2.19-11.20.19
TIME – 6: 30- 8: 00 PM
Must provide USB prior to class if you wants to take home recordings. You are also able to record the sessions on your own.
What is mindfulness?
Mindfulness is paying attention, on purpose, to the present moment without any judgment to whatever arises in this moment. Mindfulness can be learned through simple easy practices of meditation, whereby one learns to become awareness of the full spectrum of feelings, sensations, and emotions in our daily lives. This reduces symptoms of anxiety, rumination, depression, and stress. Our program is based on Jon Kabat Zinn’s MBSR and John Teasdale’s MBCT and consists of meditation, education, breathing exercises, gentle stretching, discussion and homework.
What can it do for you?
- Learn skills that can help you ward off negative thinking and depression
- Learn how to take mindfulness into your everyday life
- Learn the basic workings of your mind
- Learn a new way the mind works: the “being mode”
- The ways “being mode” benefits you in your everyday life
- Learn how to get into the “being mode” whenever you need to and want to
- Find out how the automatic pilot “doing mode “works against you
Who can participate?
- Anyone interested in reducing stress
- Anyone who wants to live a fuller, more enriched and happier life
- Anyone suffering from depression and anxiety
Scientific evidence shows this type of program can help people suffering from
- Chronic pain
- Sleep problems
- High blood pressure
- Irritable Bowel syndrome
- $ 450.00 includes 90 minute 8 weekly sessions, handouts,
- Receive a $ 50.00 discount if you prepay 4 weeks in advance
- Receive a $ 25.00 discount if you prepay 2 weeks in advance
- IF YOU AND A GUEST SIGN UP TOGETHER YOU WILL GET THE PRICE OF $700 TOTAL FOR YOU BOTH.
Facilitator Geraldine Wu MD is a board certified psychiatrist and volunteer faculty of Integrative Medicine at University of Cincinnati. A life-long student and teacher in meditation, Dr. Wu is also a yoga educator interested in bringing Integrative Health into the field of psychiatry.
No yoga experience necessary.
$50 / $40
Fitness Firm Yoga & Pilates
6934 Miami Ave. #7 Madeira
Call 513-658-1952 *protected email*
Please check back for more information.