Welcome to our practice!
We strive to help each patient develop and achieve goals uniquely tailored to their individual situation, and offer the professional support of psychologists, social workers, and physician care.
Manage Your Stress in 8 weeks
Integrated Behavioral Services and Mind Body Medicine Center is pleased to offer a Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction program facilitated by Geraldine Wu MD
Course Schedule: Thursdays, JANUARY 17 th through MARCH 7 th , 6:30- 7: 45 PM
What is mindfulness and what can it do for you?
Mindfulness is paying attention, on purpose, to the present moment, without any judgment to whatever arises in this moment. Mindfulness can be learned through simple small practices of meditation, whereby one learns to become awareness of the full spectrum of feelings, and emotions in our daily lives. This reduces symptoms of anxiety, rumination, depression, and stress. Our program is based on Jon Kabat Zinn’s MBSR and John Teasdale’s MBCT and consists of meditation, education, breathing exercises, gentle stretching, discussion and homework.
What can you expect from the 8 week program?
- Learn the basic workings of your mind
- Find out how automatic pilot “doing mode “works against you
- Learn a new way the mind works: the “being mode”
- The ways “being mode” benefits you in your everyday life
- Learn how to get into the “being mode” whenever you need to and want to
- Learn skills that can help you ward off negative thinking and depression
- Learn how to take mindfulness being into your everyday life
Who can participate?
- Anyone interested in reducing stress in their lives
- Any one who wants to live a fuller and more enriched happier life
- Any one suffering from depression and anxiety
Scientific evidence shows this type of program can help people suffering from
Chronic pain Depression
Sleep problems High blood pressure
Irritable Bowel syndrome
$ 450.00 Includes 90 minute 8 weekly sessions, handouts, guided audio CD
Get a $ 50.00 discount if you prepay 4 weeks before
Get a $ 25.00 discount if you prepay 2 weeks before
Other classes being offered:
Yoga iRest Classes:
DATE: 1.17.18 TO 3.7.18
8 week series
Geraldine Wu MD is a board certified psychiatrist and volunteer faculty of Integrative Medicine at University of Cincinnati. A life-long student and teacher in meditation, Dr. Wu is also a yoga educator interested in bringing Integrative Health into the field of psychiatry.
Kenwood Professional Building
9403 Kenwood Rd, Suite A120
Cincinnati, OH 45242
Phone: (513) 272-0066